Autumn Leaves

Sunday, July 12, 2020
There are some beautiful crafts made with Autumn leaves.  I saw lanterns made by gluing leaves between two sheets of greaseproof paper and using fairy lights inside.  

We used tracing paper because I had a huge pad of it, and I just made some paper mache glue (with flour and water), and slapped it all together and let it dry.  I ironed them the next day, then stitched them together with string after holepunching some holes in the ends (it looked like shoelaces).

We found various fairy lights at Bunnings that run on batteries and just put them inside.

They look beautiful!







For a few years I have been wanting to wax some leaves - I finally did it!  I intended to make lots of garlands ... that may have to wait for next year now, as all the Autumn leaves have gone brown (and soggy in the rain).




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top