A Perfect Bushwalk

Sunday, March 18, 2018
September 15 2017

On one of those beautifully warm end-of-winter days, on a day when I was feeling the need to take it slow and steady without stress, Christina took us (myself, Erin and Natalie) into West Head National Park for a walk.

IMG_7440



The wildflowers were out, the sun was warm, the girls were happy and the bush smelled good.  The views into the distance are a good reminder of how big the world really is and the small Australian wildflowers are a good reminder to stop and be in that moment, in that small part of time - if you go too fast you miss them.





We stopped at a rock platform, all warm and toasty in the sun, and Christina and I had a snooze.  How wonderful to lie in the bush and sleep.  I woke after maybe half an hour because the sun had moved and was no longer feeling burning hot on my legs!


While my sister and I were snoozing, the girls had occupied themselves by building rock sculptures, decorated with flowers (apparently they were pirate ships).



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top