A Family Moment

Sunday, April 1, 2018
6 October 2017

Yesterday afternoon I had a moment where my heart swelled with maternal love and I had to step back and soak it up.



Callum was helping me cook dinner, with music playing.  Charlie was using the WHOLE dining table to build Warhammer characters.  Rory was building towers and cities with the girls from wooden blocks.  All my kids in one area at the one time, all happy!

So rarely in this age of technology which sneaks into every part of our life, do these sort of moments happen.  We have a big house so there is space enough for everyone to disappear into the virtual world of their choosing.

And also, I finally have the holiday feel.  Although school has been on holiday for one and a half weeks, with only half a week left, the days have been so hectic I don't feel we've had any "holiday" feel.  But in the last two days it's kicked in - maybe that's been helped by me losing the charger for my phone (for a day) and the clock on the wall breaking - no time constraints!!

And I was sewing.  How can I keep forgetting how happy sewing makes me?  It doesn't have to be anything fancy (yesterday it was an apron), but sewing with Jack Johnson playing and a cloudy day ...... so content.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top